It's a new day!
Ruck.us is making some exciting changes. Thank you for all of your support over the last two years. We are very excited about our plans, and we hope you will sign up to receive some major product announcements in the coming months.
You have succesfully signed up for updates!
We are sorry
There was an error processing your request. Please try again later.
- Scope of this Policy This policy applies to www.ruck.us (the "Site"") and all services offered or made available through the Site (the “Services”) by Ruckus, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, who may, collectively be referred to in this Policy as “Ruck.us,” “Ruckus,” “we,” or “our.” By visiting the Site, using any of the Services, or creating or logging into an account at the Site, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy, which is incorporated by reference into the Ruckus Terms of Service.
What Information About You Does Ruckus Collect and Why? The information we collect from you helps us to provide our Services to you, send you information or content you may be interested in, and connect you with other Site users you may identify with or share similar views with. We also use this information to personalize and continually improve our Site and our users’ experiences at the Site. Here are the types of information we gather:
Basic Account Information: Most of the information we collect from you is optional. However, we may require that you provide us with certain information so that we can identify you as a user of our site.
- Required Information: We will ask you to create a username and password for your account, or to log in using your Facebook or Twitter Account. Your user name is how you will be identified on the Site and to other users of the Site; however, we will never share your password with others. If you would like to participate anonymously on the Site, you should create an account and choose a username that does not identify you, whether by name or because it can be linked back to you, and use caution when submitting information or content to the Site that could be used to identify you. We will also ask you for your date of birth, in order to verify your age; however, we will not store your date of birth or share it with others.
- Optional Information: When you create an account on our Site we will ask you for additional information such as your name, email address, gender, age, or other demographic information. You are not required to disclose this information. However, sharing it with us will allow us to tailor certain content and make recommendations for you.
- Twitter: If you sign in using your Twitter account, we may receive from Twitter your name and profile picture.
- IP Address Information For each visitor to the Site, our web server automatically recognizes the visitor’s IP address, as well as other technical information about the visitor’s web browser and domain name. In addition, our servers may look at your computer’s IP address or other information to display specific or localized content that you may be interested in, based on the geographic location of your computer. We do not combine this IP address or location information with the other information we have collected from you.
How Do We Use Your Information? Ruckus uses the information we gather for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you concerning your account, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content, information and recommendations that we may send or display to you, including questionnaires, calls to action, surveys and other information we think you may be interested in, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To make recommendations to you about Services or content, or to recommend you connect with other users who may share your opinions or views on certain topics.
- To improve our Site and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help and instructions.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our Site and Services and responding to user desires and preferences.
- Third-Party Content and Links Third-Party Content: At times, we may distribute information, questionnaires, surveys, calls to action or other content compiled by or at the request of a third party (“Third-Party Content”). You agree that we may use the information, including personally identifiable information, we have collected from users to determine to what users to send such Third-Party Content. If you have joined a call to action originated by a third party or other user, that third party may receive a list of the usernames (or if you choose to provide it your actual name) of the users who joined the call to action and any other information the user has expressly consented to share with the third party. We may also provide third parties with aggregate or anonymized information about the answers, responses or feedback received in response to their Third-Party Content, and, with express consent, we may share additional personally identifiable information about users with such third parties. Third-Party Links: At times, our website may contain links, posted by us or by other Site users, to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
- Non-U.S. Residents While we do not directly market our Site outside of the United States, we also do not require users be located in the United States in order to access or use our Site or Services. Any information collected from users outside the United States will be stored and processed in the United States. If you reside outside the United States, you agree that any information you submit to us will be stored and processed in the United States, as described in this Policy. Residents of Europe and other countries should note the data protection laws in the United States may not be equal to the level of data protection under the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. However, we will take reasonable measures to protect the personal information in our possession, as described more fully below.
- How Secure Is Information About Me? We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site and the personally identifiable information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. Also, you should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. If you would like to change your Site password, you may do so by logging into your account. To change your Facebook or Twitter password, you must go to that respective site and follow its procedures for changing your password.
- Can I Access and Modify My Personal Information? You may access, correct, amend or delete your profile information by logging into your account. You may also delete the content you have posted to blogs and forums, while logged into your account, by clicking “delete” next to any content you have originated. However, please understand that, even after removal, certain content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or by others if a user has copied or stored such content. In addition, while this content may be removed from the current, user-accessible portions of the Site, it may remain in our systems for a period of time.
- What Choices Do I Have? As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information to us or through the Site, or not to respond to the questionnaires, surveys, calls to action or other communications we send you. We also allow you to control the visibility of the information you submit to the Site, including your name, contact information, location information and other demographic information you submit, as well as your Facebook or Twitter affiliation, by logging in to the Site and changing your privacy settings. In addition, you can adjust the types of communications, recommendations and information that we send you by logging in to the Site and adjusting your preferences. If we send you an e-mail with information or recommendations about something we think may interest you, you may also tell us to stop sending you such e-mail communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. If you opt-out of such future e-mail communications, you may opt back in by adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that it may take up to 10 days for us to process opt-out and opt-in requests. Further, if you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
- Children Our Site is not intended to be used by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, or target our Site to, children under the age 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, if we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove it from our systems immediately.
- THE SITE These Terms apply to all users of the Site.
- SITE USAGE The term “Site Information” means all information, text, pictures, sound, graphics, video, data and other content provided by Ruckus, its licensors and other third parties that is displayed on the Site. You are authorized to access and use the Site and related Site Information as set forth in these Terms, provided that: (i) your use of the Site and Site Information as permitted hereunder is solely for your personal, non-commercial use; (ii) you will not copy, distribute or transfer any portion of the Site on any media without Ruckus’s prior written approval; (iii) you will not alter, adapt or otherwise modify any part of the Site other than as may be reasonably necessary to use that part of the Site for its intended purpose; and (iv) you will otherwise comply in full with the terms and conditions of these Terms.
- LEGAL NOTICES We post legal notices on pages of the Site, which may not be removed even on any permitted copy. You shall not remove these notices, or any additional information contained along with the notices. The Site may contain references to trademarks, copyrighted materials, technologies, products, processes and software and other proprietary rights of Ruckus or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, copyrighted materials, technologies, products, processes, software or other proprietary rights of Ruckus is granted to or conferred upon you.
- USER-GENERATED CONTENT The Site may now or in the future permit you and other users to submit content to the Site, such as comments, blogs, surveys, questionnaires, calls to action and other materials (“User-Generated Content”), and may also permit the hosting, sharing and/or publishing of such User-Generated Content. You agree and acknowledge that without regard to whether such content is published, Ruckus does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User-Generated Content. You shall be solely responsible for any User-Generated Content you submit and the consequences of posting or publishing such. Any material, information or idea you submit or post on this website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. As between you and Ruckus, you shall retain all of your ownership rights in and to the User-Generated Content. However, by submitting User-Generated Content to Ruckus, you hereby grant Ruckus a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, edit, modify, translate, reformat, prepare derivative works based upon, display publicly, perform publicly and otherwise exploit (including but not limited to over the Internet, broadcast television or any other uses or media), the User-Generated Content, in whole or in part, including future rights that Ruckus (or its successor) may otherwise become entitled to that do not yet exist, as well as new uses, media, means and forms of exploitation throughout the universe exploiting current or future technology yet to be developed to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You also hereby grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your User-Generated Content through the Site, and to use, access, watch, reproduce, distribute, transmit, forward, display and perform such User-Generated Content, in whole or in part, to the extent permitted by the Site under these Terms. Ruckus will have the right to refuse, remove or delete any User-Generated Content that it reasonably considers to violate this Terms or to otherwise be illegal or objectionable.
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY With respect to any User-Generated Content you submit, you agree you will not: (i) submit any content that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to any third party Intellectual Property Rights or proprietary rights, including any privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner of such rights to post such content and to grant Ruckus all of the license rights and other rights granted herein; (ii) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (iii) use the Site to harm minors in any way; (iv) impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a representative of Ruckus, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (v) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through the Site; (vi) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; (vii) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that contains computer viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (viii) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law; and (ix) collect or store personal data about other users. You will not use the Site or any of the Site Information in any way that is unlawful or harms Ruckus or any user of Ruckus. You may not use the Site in any manner that could overburden, or impair any Ruckus Site (or the networks or systems connected to any Ruckus Site) You may not use any device, software or instrumentality to interfere with the proper working of our Site or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
Ruckus.com respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users of the Site who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Ruckus.com and/or others.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any Site Information infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing notice to our Designated Copyright Agent (“Designated Copyright Agent”) containing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify and hold Ruckus and its agents and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of, your violation of these Terms, your violation of any rights of another, or your use of the Site, including any User-Generated Content or other information you submit, post to or transmit through the Site
- SECURITY You shall not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site. Violations of our system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Ruckus reserves the right to investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who have participated in such violations.
- COMMUNICATIONS With respect to any communications, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like that you disclose or otherwise make available to any others through the Site: (i) you shall have no right to confidentiality in such communications and Ruckus shall have no obligation to protect such communications from disclosure; (ii) Ruckus shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others in accordance with your privacy settings and account preferences. With respect to any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like about the Site or the Services that you communicate to Ruckus, you agree that Ruckus shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. RUCKUS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. ALL SITE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR NONMISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION CONTENT, OR SYSTEM INTEGRATION. RUCKUS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE MANNER OR THAT ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RUCKUS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR USE OF THE SITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY HEREUNDER SHALL BE FOR YOU TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR TO OBTAIN A REFUND OF FUNDS PAID TO RUCKUS THROUGH THIS SITE. IN THE EVENT THAT THIS LIMITATION IS SUPERSEDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM DAMAGES YOU OBTAIN AGAINST RUCKUS SHALL BE LIMITED TO FUNDS PAID TO RUCKUS THROUGH THIS SITE OR $50, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
- LIMITED TIME TO BRING YOUR CLAIM You and Ruckus agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Site or any Site Information must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS The Site may provide, or third parties or other users may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because Ruckus has no control over such sites or resources, you acknowledge and agree that Ruckus is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Ruckus assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices by such third-party websites. By using this Site, you expressly waive any rights, claims or liability against Ruckus from your use of any third-party website.
- TERMINATION You agree that Ruckus, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Site and remove and discard your User-Generated Content or other information you submit to us, for any reason, if Ruckus believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter and spirit of these Terms or the Policy. Ruckus may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of these Terms may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Ruckus may bar any further access to the Site. Further, you agree that Ruckus shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of or disruption in access to the Site.
- RIGHT TO ACCESS You affirm that you are over the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not access or use the Site. In order to submit any User-Generated Content to the Site you must be 18 years of age or able to legally competent to agree to these Terms. By contributing any content you are affirming that you are 18 years old or more, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms and conditions of these Terms, and comply with these Terms.
- How to Contact Us About Privacy If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Effective Date This Policy is current as of the effective date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice and give you an opportunity to opt-in to those material changes.